Wondering how to roast garlic in the oven? This delicious roasted garlic is easy to make and can be used in so many recipes.
Fresh garlic is essential in so many recipes. It adds a unique flavor. When you roast garlic, the flavor mellows making it more mild. The softened roast garlic cloves can be spread on bread or mashed to be used in other recipes.
Roasted Garlic Ingredients
There are only two ingredients needed to roast garlic. It doesn’t get much easier than that! Scroll down for the complete recipe with ingredient measurements.
- Garlic: You’ll need as many heads of garlic as you want to roast. Since they need to bake for quite awhile you may want to roast several at once. Store the roasted garlic in the refrigerator or in the freezer.
- Olive oil: The only other ingredient you need is a little olive oil.
How To Roast Garlic
To roast garlic, you simply bake it in the oven until tender and golden! Scroll down for the printable recipe card and complete instructions.
- Prepare: Remove the excess papery skins from the head of garlic. Then, cut off the top to expose the garlic cloves inside.
- Olive Oil: Place the cut garlic in an oven-safe dish and drizzle the olive oil over the top.
- Bake: Cover the dish with heavy-duty foil and bake the garlic at 375˚F for 45-55 minutes until golden.
- Alternate Method: Wrap the individaul heads of garlic with heavy-duty foil rather than wrapping the whole pan.
Frequently Asked Questions About Roast Garlic
To get the cloves out of the head of roasted garlic, you can use a dinner fork or a fondue fork. Another option is to squeeze the bottom of the head to pop the cloves out.
Looking for ways to use roasted garlic? Try these recipes:
This Garlic Mashed Potatoes recipe makes the smoothest, creamiest, most flavorful potatoes. They are the perfect side dish.
Make this easy Garlic Cheese Spread to serve as a side dish or appetizer with warm, crusty baguettes.
Crave-Worthy two-ingredient dough Garlic Knots are a super easy appetizer or side to serve with pizza or pasta. Better make a double batch!
- 3 whole heads of garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375˚F Remove the excess papery skins from the heads of garlic and slice off the tops so that the bulbs are exposed.
- Place the garlic heads in an oven-safe pan and drizzle them with olive oil.
- Cover the pan with heavy-duty foil. Or you can wrap the heads of garlic in foil if you prefer.
- Bake at 375˚F for 40-45 minutes or until golden.
Leave a Reply