My husband’s extended family gets together once a year during the holidays. There are so many relatives that they have to rent a space to gather in. We get to enjoy delicious food while catching up with everyone.
It is a huge potluck and you can bring whatever you want to share. One of the foods that has been there every year is slow cooker grape jelly meatballs simply made with meatballs, grape jelly, and chili sauce. I decided to take that same combination to make a sauce and make these slow cooker grape jelly ribs.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
How To Make Slow Cooker Grape Jelly Ribs
Step One: Ribs
Season country style boneless ribs with cajun seasoning.
I like using the country style pork ribs because they are boneless and easier to eat. But you can use any ribs you want. They can be bone-in or even beef ribs.
Step Two: Sauce
Add the seasoned ribs. Spoon the sauce over the ribs so that they are covered with sauce.
Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until tender.
The result is delicious, tender ribs with a sweet and spicy sauce. These slow cooker grape jelly ribs are perfect for parties, potlucks and family gatherings, but they can also be used for an easy family dinner when you serve them with potatoes or even noodles or rice.
Slow Cooker Grape Jelly Ribs Recipe FAQs
1. Can I use regular ribs instead of country style?
Yes, you can use regular ribs!
2. How long would it take to cook them on high? I wouldn’t suggest cooking them on high. You want to cook ribs slowly so that they are super tender.
3. Would other kinds of jelly work instead of grape? Yes, I think they would be good with apple, apricot, pineapple, peach, or orange jelly.
4. Is this recipe gluten-free? Yes, as long as you using a gluten-free grape jelly, chili sauce, and cajun seasoning.
5. Can leftover ribs be frozen? Store leftover ribs in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for 3-4 months.
Want More Slow Cooker Recipes? Try These Next
can be served as a party appetizer or over rice for dinner. These sweet and spicy meatballs are a crowd pleaser!
My go-to dinner recipe: hands-off Slow Cooker Pot Roast! Total comfort food that is so easy to make in a crockpot.
This Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs recipe is so easy to make and only requires three ingredients. The result is fork-tender, delicious BBQ ribs!
Slow Cooker Grape Jelly Ribs Recipe↑ Click stars to rate! Print Review SaveSaved! Add to Shopping ListGo to Shopping List
- 3 lbs country style boneless pork ribs
- 1 ½ cups grape jelly
- 12 oz chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- Sprinkle cajun seasoning over the country style boneless ribs.
- Pour the grape jelly and chili sauce into a slow cooker and whisk together.
- Add the seasoned ribs and coat with the sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours, or until tender.