This Pepperoni Pretzel Balls recipe has a soft pretzel surrounding pepperoni and cheese. They’re perfect for an after school snack or a party appetizer.
I’ve been making my easy pepperoni rolls recipe for years now and my kids love it but since they have a slight obsession for soft pretzels, I decided to combine the two to make these Pepperoni Pretzel Balls.
They have a buttery, salty, soft pretzel on the outside with pepperoni and melting cheese on the inside.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
Where is the Pepperoni Pretzel Balls recipe? In this post, I will share step-by-step instructions with photos for how to make this easy meal, as well as answering FAQs about the recipe and sharing a short video showing the recipe in motion. But you can go directly to the recipe by scrolling down to the bottom of the post.
How To Make Pepperoni Pretzel Balls
Step One: Cheese
Cut an eight-ounce block of mozzarella cheese into eight one-ounce cubes and set them aside.
Step Two: Dough
Cut a loaf of refrigerated bread dough into eight slices.
You can also use refrigerated biscuits or the homemade dough recipe in this blog post.
Step Three: Stack
Flatten a piece of dough and top with a slice of pepperoni, a cube of mozzarella cheese and another slice of pepperoni.
Step Four: Wrap
Wrap the dough around the cheese and pepperoni and pinch together at the top.
Step Five: Bake
Bake at 400˚F for 12-17 minutes, until golden brown.
Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with coarse salt.
Make sure you enjoy these Pepperoni Pretzel Balls while they are still warm. What could be better than a buttery soft pretzel filled with melted cheese and pepperoni?
This recipe could easily be doubled to fit into a 9×13 inch pan or a large cast iron skillet for those times when you need more servings.
Pepperoni Pretzel Balls Recipe FAQs
1. Why do you dip them in the baking soda/water mixture? The baking soda and water mixture is what gives the pretzel flavor and golden outside of the pretzel balls.
2. Can I skip the baking soda/water mixture? Yes, but the flavor will not be the same.
3. Can I brush them with beaten egg white instead of dipping them in the baking soda and water mixture? Yes, but again, the flavor will not be the same.
4. What can I use instead of a loaf of refrigerated bread dough? You can use refrigerated biscuit dough (such as Pillsbury) or the homemade dough recipe in this blog post.
Want More Pizza Balls Recipes? Try These Next:
These Cheese Bombs are cheese-filled biscuits with a deliciously crunchy coating and warm, melted cheese on the inside!
This appetizer recipe for Chili Cheese Skillet Dip with Garlic Cheese Bombs is perfect for serving at parties!
Easy Pepperoni Rolls are a great appetizer! Whether you make these pizza balls with biscuits, bread dough, or crescent rolls they are sure to be a family favorite.
- 1 loaf refrigerated French bread dough can also use biscuit dough or homemade dough
- 8 oz block mozzarella cheese
- 16 slices of pepperoni
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- Cut dough into 8 slices.
- Cut the block of mozzarella cheese into 8 cubes.
- Flatten a piece of dough. Top with a slice of pepperoni, mozzarella cheese and another slice of pepperoni. Continue with all of the dough pieces.
- Mix together hot water and baking soda. Dip filled dough balls into the baking soda mixture. Place them in a greased 9-inch cast iron skillet or oven-safe pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-17 minutes, until golden brown.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with salt.