This Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pecan Bread Pudding is a great way to use leftover bread and can be served for brunch or dessert.
I am excited to report that it finally cooled off for a couple of days! Yesterday I had to grab a sweatshirt when I went to sit on the front porch to drink my morning coffee.
It’s the perfect weather for baking. So, I put some pumpkin bars in the oven and put a dessert in one crockpot and ribs in another Crock Pot! Vanessa had friends at our house and I overheard one of them exclaiming how good it smelled every time they walked into the house from outside.
First, I’m going to share the pumpkin dessert recipe for slow cooker pumpkin pecan bread pudding that is perfect for fall.
How To Make Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pecan Bread Pudding
Cut slices of day-old bread into cubes. I had some leftover sliced Italian bread in my freezer that worked great for this. Cut enough bread for 8 cups.
Whisk together eggs, pumpkin, half-n-half, brown sugar, melted butter, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves.
Pour over the cubed bread and gently stir to coat.
Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Spoon warm pumpkin pecan bread pudding into dishes and top with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pecan Bread Pudding FAQs
1. What are cinnamon chips and where can I buy them?
Cinnamon chips are like chocolate chips but they are cinnamon flavored instead. The ones I use are made by Hershey’s and can be found in grocery stores or buy them online here.
2. Can you suggest something to use in place of the cinnamon chips? You can use pumpkin spice chips (usually only available in the fall), caramel chips, chocolate chips, or leave them out.
3. Would pumpkin bread work in place of the French bread? No, you need a sturdier bread like French bread, baguettes, brioche, or challah.
4. How can I make this in the oven instead of a slow cooker? Let the bread soak up the egg/pumpkin mixture. Spread in a 9×13 pan and bake at 350ËšF for 50-60 minutes.
5. What should I do if I don’t have day old bread for bread pudding? If you do not have day-old bread, cut bread into cubes and bake them at 325ËšF for about 5 minutes on an ungreased baking sheet.
Love Bread Pudding? Try these bread pudding recipes next:
This slow cooker blueberry bread pudding recipe with lemon sauce is a delicious dessert and so easy to make!
Slow Cooker Apple Walnut Bread Pudding: Make this Slow Cooker Apple Walnut Bread Pudding recipe for dessert or for holiday brunch. This CrockPot recipe with baked apples will make everyone happy!
Slow Cooker Chocolate Turtle Bread Pudding: Slow Cooker Chocolate Turtle Bread Pudding is a warm, comforting dessert with chocolate, caramel, and pecans. It’s a crockpot recipe that everyone will love!