Pretzel Crusted Mozzarella Cheese Sticks are great for parties and after-school snacks. The cheese and pretzel combo makes this appetizer recipe irresistible!
My family is always in the mood for mozzarella cheese sticks. Whenever we go out to eat, we HAVE to order them as an appetizer. When we are at home, my kids like to heat mozzarella string cheese sticks in the microwave until they melt and start to brown along the edges.
I’ve previously shared recipes for baked mozzarella cheese sticks, buffalo ranch mozzarella sticks, and bacon mozzarella sticks. Today I’m going with a crunchy, salty coating of crushed pretzels on the mozzarella cheese sticks.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
Where is the Pretzel Crusted Mozzarella Sticks recipe? In this post, I will share step-by-step instructions with photos for how to make the mozzarella sticks, as well as answering FAQs about the recipe and sharing a short video showing the recipe in motion. But you can go directly to the recipes by scrolling down to the bottom of the post.
How To Make Pretzel Crusted Mozzarella Cheese Sticks:
Step One: Slice The Cheese
Stack twelve mozzarella cheese sticks and cut in half using a large knife. To make this go faster, cut them all at once or several at a time.
Step Two: Crush The Pretzels
Step Three: Coat The Cheese Sticks
Coat cheese sticks with flour and dip in the egg mixture. Roll in crushed pretzels until fully coated.
Step Four: Arrange In The Pan and Bake
Line a pan with parchment paper and place in the freezer for 30 minutes. Move them to a baking sheet and drizzle with melted butter. Bake at 400° for 7-9 minutes.
Pretzel Crusted Mozzarella Cheese Sticks FAQs
1. Can these be made ahead of time? Yes, they can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the freezer until ready to bake.
3. Would it work to use a different kind of cheese? You could try using different kinds of cheese sticks like the smoked flavor or Colby Jack.
Other Cheese Recipes to Try:
Easy Baked Mozzarella Cheese Sticks Recipe that is perfect for an after school snack, party appetizer and game day. Super simple to make with string cheese!
These Buffalo Ranch Mozzarella Sticks are perfect for serving as an appetizer at parties!
Bacon Crusted Mozzarella Sticks have cheese on the inside with a crispy bacon outside. They are the ultimate party food; an appetizer everyone will love.
Bloomin’ Pretzel Cheese Bread recipe with butter, garlic, cheese, oregano and mini pepperoni. Make cheesy pull apart bread as a side dish or party appetizer!
Pretzel Crusted Mozzarella Cheese SticksPrint Pin Rate
- Cut the mozzarella cheese sticks in half.
- Beat the eggs with the two tablespoons of milk.
- Coat the cheese sticks in flour, dip in the egg mixture and coat with crushed pretzels.
- Put the coated cheese sticks in a pan and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer, place on a baking sheet and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake at 400° for 7-9 minutes.