A Slow Cooker Turkey Breast is an easy way to make a moist, flavorful turkey especially when you have a smaller Thanksgiving dinner!
Turkey is the main dish at our Thanksgiving dinner and making a turkey breast in a slow cooker is a great way to have turkey without having to make the whole bird!
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast Ingredients
To make a slow cooker turkey breast you’ll only need the turkey, butter, and seasonings! Scroll down for the complete recipe with ingredient measurements.
- Turkey: Our turkey breast was just under five pounds. If you choose a larger one, it will take longer to cook and if yours is smaller it will cook faster.
- Butter: The butter add flavor and helps keep the turkey moist.
- Seasoning: We used a combination of rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper for the seasonings. Any of your favorite seasoning mixes would work depending on what your family likes.
- Water: I like using a little water in the bottom of the crockpot to give it a steamy environment while cooking.
How To Make Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
Making a slow cooker turkey breast couldn’t be easier! Simply season the turkey and let your crockpot do the cooking. Scroll down for the printable recipe card and complete instructions.
- Thawing: It takes about 24 hours for every 4 pounds of turkey to thaw in the refrigerator. Make sure to leave enough time for your turkey breast to thaw before the day you plan to cook it.
- Preparing: Mix together the softened butter and seasonings. Pat the turkey breast dry with paper towels. Gently lift the skin and spread half of the seasoned butter under the skin. I like to use gloved hands for this job. Then, spread the remaining seasoned butter over the skin.
- Cooking: For the best results, the turkey should be raised off of the bottom of the crockpot. I used a silicone roasting rack. Other options include a wire slow cooker rack, a ring of aluminium foil, or a sliced onion. Place the seasoned turkey breast in the crockpot and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, a slow cooker is a great way to prepare a turkey breast. It needs 5-6 hours on low to fully cook.
Use a meat thermometer to check the temperature of the turkey breast. It needs to be 165˚F.
Once the turkey is fully cooked, you can place it under the broiler for a minute or two to crisp up the skin.
Yes, you need to leave enough time for the turkey breast to fully thaw before cooking it. To thaw the turkey in the refrigerator, you will need about 24 hours for every 4 pounds of turkey.
Here are a few side dishes to serve:
This classic, easy-to-make sweet Sweet Potato Casserole is as delicious as a dessert with a brown sugar and pecan crumb topping. A MUST MAKE for Thanksgiving!
Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole is the EASIEST way to make this classic side dish. Plus, cooking green bean casserole in a crockpot frees up oven space!
This easy, homemade Cranberry Sauce Recipe is WAY BETTER than store-bought and is perfect for Thanksgiving dinner. Plus, it can be made ahead of time!
Wondering how to use leftovers? Try these recipes:
This Thanksgiving Pizza recipe is the BEST way to eat leftovers. It has turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and more all in a puff pastry crust!
This skillet recipe for Turkey Alfredo Ziti is a perfect way to use leftover turkey from Thanksgiving! It’s warm, cheesy comfort food for the whole family.
This crave-worthy Turkey Cranberry Sandwich recipe is easy to make for a quick lunch or for a party. The cranberry mayo recipe is included in the post!