Serve Two Ingredient Dough Naan Flatbread as a side or turn it into mini pizzas or sandwich wraps! It’s EASY to make with no yeast and no waiting for dough to rise!
This recipe shows how to use two ingredient dough to make naan flatbread. Yes, the whole recipe uses more than two ingredients…you can even see more than two ingredients in the photo above (naan, salt, and cilantro).
But the dough used to make the naan flatbread is made with two ingredients: self-rising flour and greek yogurt. This versatile dough is easy to make and can be used in so many different ways.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
Where is the Two Ingredient Dough Naan Flatbread recipe? In this post, I will share step-by-step instructions with photos for how to make the naan flatbread, as well as answering FAQs about the recipe and sharing a short video showing the recipe in motion. But you can go directly to the recipe by scrolling down to the bottom of the post.
How To Make Two Ingredient Dough Naan Flatbread
Step One: Two Ingredients
Yes, it really is that easy! Just put the self-rising flour and fat-free greek yogurt in your mixing bowl.
If you don’t have self-rising flour, you can make your own. See the FAQ’s section below.
Step Two: Mix and Knead
I like to use my stand mixer to mix and knead the two ingredient dough.
You can also use a hand mixer or even a wooden spoon and then a floured surface to mix and knead the dough.
Step Three: Make a Ball
Turn the dough out onto a floured surface such as a silicone mat or cutting board.
Sprinkle the dough with additional flour, so that it won’t stick to the knife and rolling pin, and form the dough into a ball.
Step Four: Divide Dough
Use a sharp knife to cut the dough into eight pieces.
Step Five: Roll Dough
Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough pieces into round(ish) circles. Set aside.
Step Six: Fry the Naan Flatbread
I like to use a cast iron skillet to make this two-ingredient dough naan flatbread but it would work in a regular skillet as well.
Simply grease the hot pan with olive oil and carefully place a circle of dough in the pan. The dough will start to puff up.
Step Seven: Flip
Once the naan flatbread is browned on the bottom, flip it over to the other side can cook.
Step Eight: Garnish
Our favorite way to eat the naan flatbread is while it is still warm brushed with butter and sprinkled with salt (or garlic salt) and chopped cilantro.
If you want to make mini pizzas, top the naan flatbread with pizza sauce, cheese, and meat. Bake at 425˚F until the cheese is melted.
To use the naan flatbread to make sandwich wraps, spread mayo over the naan flatbread, layer on meat, sliced cheese, and various veggies. Then, fold in half like a taco and enjoy!
Two Ingredient Dough Naan Flatbread FAQs
1) Do you have a recipe for self-rising flour? To make one cup of self-rising flour, whisk together one cup of all-purpose flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
2) What brand of plain Greek yogurt do you suggest? You can use whatever kind is available at your local grocery store. I’ve made two ingredient dough with Fage, Oikos, and the store brand and haven’t noticed a difference.
3) Do I have to use plain, fat-free, Greek yogurt for this recipe? No, you can use fat-free, full fat, 2% or 5%.
4) What should I do if the dough is sticky and won’t form a ball? Knead in a little more flour at a time until it is workable.
5) Can I make this two-ingredient dough naan flatbread WITHOUT a stand mixer? Yes! Stir the self-rising flour and Greek yogurt together until combined. Turn it out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth.
6) How can I make this recipe WITHOUT a dough hook? Use the paddle attachment on your mixer to combine the self-rising flour and Greek yogurt. Turn it out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth.
7) How many Weight Watchers points is this two ingredient dough? I don’t have a points calculator but I’ve read online that one batch of this two ingredient dough is 12 smart points (for the WHOLE BATCH). The oil to grease the pan and any additional topping would increase the number of points.
Love Two Ingredient Dough? Try These Recipes Next
Garlic Herb Bagels Two Ingredient Dough: Super easy Garlic Herb Bagels Recipe made with two ingredient dough. No yeast and no waiting for the dough to rise! These chewy bagels are perfect toasted with cream cheese for breakfast or fill them with meat and cheese for a sandwich at lunch.
Two Ingredient Dough Garlic Cheddar Rolls: Two Ingredient Dough Garlic Cheddar Rolls are cheesy inside with garlic butter on top. They’re a delicious, cheesy side that can be served with so many meals.
Two Ingredient Dough Pretzel Bites: Two Ingredient Dough Pretzel Bites are SUPER EASY to make with no yeast and no waiting for the dough to rise. Just mix the dough, cut nuggets, dip in baking soda water and bake!
Two Ingredient Dough Naan Flatbread
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Put the self-rising flour (1 cup plus 2 tablespoons) and plain, fat-free, Greek yogurt in a stand mixer bowl with the dough hook attachment.
- Mix on low speed until combined. Knead on medium speed for about 3 minutes until ball forms.
- Turn out onto a floured surface. Sprinkle with flour, knead a couple of times and form into a ball.
- Cut the ball into eight pieces.
- On a floured surface, roll one piece of dough at a time into a thin, round(ish) circle.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Brush with olive oil and carefully lay one circle of dough in the skillet.
- Cook until browned on the bottom. Flip and brown the other side.
- Brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with sea salt and chopped cilantro.