This quick Rosemary Bread recipe is made with two-ingredient dough and no yeast! Serve with your favorite pasta or use it to make sandwiches.
Fresh, flavorful bread is always a crowd-pleaser! It goes well with so many dishes. Bread can be served as an appetizer with olive oil for dipping, alongside meals such as pasta or soup, or enjoyed as part of a lunch or breakfast sandwich.
In This Post: Everything You Need To Make Rosemary Bread
Two Ingredient Dough Rosemary Bread Ingredients
In addition to the self-rising flour and Greek yogurt needed for the two-ingredient dough, this recipe also calls for olive oil and seasonings.
- Self-Rising Flour: To make the dough as easy as possible, we used self-rising flour, which is a combination of all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. See the FAQ below for how to make it yourself if you can’t find it at your grocery store.
- Greek Yogurt: We used Fage brand plain, fat-free, Greek yogurt to make the dough. You can make substitutions with other kinds of yogurt or even sour cream but keep in mind that any adaptations may change your results, and you might need to alter the recipe.
- Rosemary: This bread has rosemary on the inside as well as the outside. We used dried rosemary, but you can use fresh if you prefer, but you will need to use two to three times as much.
- Sea Salt: The sea salt is sprinkled on the outside for added flavor.
- Olive Oil: We brushed the bread with olive oil after it came out of the oven for added flavor, shininess, and to help the seasonings stick.
How To Make Two Ingredient Dough Rosemary Bread
The two ingredient dough makes this rosemary bread easy to make. Simply mix together the ingredients, form the loaf, and bake the bread.
- Mix: Combine the yogurt, self-rising flour, and some rosemary to form a dough. I used my hand mixer, but a stand mixer or even a wooden spoon would work as well.
- Form: Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and sprinkle the top with additional flour. After kneading the dough a couple of times, form a long narrow. Place the loaf on a parchment-covered baking sheet and make a shallow slice in the center of the loaf.
- Bake: Bake the rosemary bread for 35-40 minutes. You want it to reach an internal temperature of 200˚F.
- Cool: Once the bread comes out of the oven, brush it with olive oil and sprinkle it with the sea salt and the remaining rosemary. Then comes the hardest part, you need to allow it to cool completely before slicing it!
Frequently Asked Questions
Two ingredient dough is a combination of self-rising flour and Greek yogurt. I usually use Gold Medal self-rising flour and Fage plain, fat-free, Greek yogurt. This basic, yeast-less dough can be used to make so many things from pretzel bites to pizza crust!
Yes! For one cup of self-rising flour, whisk together one cup of all-purpose flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Please note that this recipe was made using store-bought self-rising flour. If you choose to make your own, your results may vary, and you may have to make adjustments to the dough.
If the dough is too sticky or wet to work with, you can mix in a little more flour at a time until it is workable. But keep in mind that this dough tends to be a stickier dough.
What Goes With Quick Bread
- Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo Tortellini is a family favorite!
- Million Dollar Spaghetti is a baked spaghetti casserole full of flavor and cheesy goodness.
- Italian Sausage Soup is a creamy, comforting soup with noodles that is full of flavor!
- Spicy Corn and Sausage Chowder has potatoes, cheese, and tomatoes in it.
Want more two ingredient dough recipes? Try these next:
Two Ingredient Dough Pretzel Bites are SUPER EASY to make with no yeast and no waiting for the dough to rise. Just mix the dough, cut nuggets, dip in baking soda water and bake!
Crave-Worthy Two Ingredient Dough Garlic Knots are a super easy appetizer or side to serve with pizza or pasta. Better make a double batch!
This Two Ingredient Dough Focaccia Bread recipe is a NO YEAST bread that is super easy to make! It can be served as a side, an appetizer, or used for sandwiches.
Two Ingredient Dough Rosemary Bread
- 2 cups plain non-fat, Greek yogurt
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 5 teaspoon dried rosemary divided
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Mix the plain, non-fat, Greek yogurt, self-rising flour, and four teaspoons of rosemary to combine.
- Turn onto a floured surface, sprinkle flour on top, and knead several times. Form into a loaf shape about 9 inches long and 4 1/2 inches wide.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Made a shallow slice down the center of the loaf.
- Bake at 350˚F for 35-40 minutes. It should reach an internal temperature of 200˚F. Remove from oven and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with the remaining rosemary and sea salt.
- Place the bread on a wire rack and allow it to cool completely before slicing.
Leave a Reply