Two Ingredient Dough Garlic Cheddar Rolls are cheesy inside with garlic butter on top. They’re EASY to make with no yeast and no waiting for dough to rise!
Sometimes it’s the side dishes that really make the meal and when the side dish is cheesy, garlicky, buttery rolls they can become the star!
These Two Ingredient Dough Garlic Cheddar Rolls are perfect for when you want to whip up some warm dinner rolls but don’t have a lot of time. They are done in about 20 minutes!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn moreÂ here.
Where is the Two Ingredient Dough Garlic Cheddar Rolls recipe? In this post, I will share step-by-step instructions with photos for how to make the garlic cheddar rolls, as well as answering FAQs about the recipe and sharing a video showing the recipe in motion.Â But you can go directly to the recipe by scrolling down to the bottom of the post.
How To Make Two Ingredient Dough Garlic Cheddar Rolls
Put self-rising flour and plain, fat-free Greek yogurt in the bowl of a stand mixer with the dough hook attachment.
Mix at a low speed until combined.
Then, knead at a medium speed for about 3 minutes until a ball forms.
Flatten the dough ball slightly and pour the shredded cheese into the center.
Fold up the dough around the shredded cheese and knead to incorporate the cheese.
Form into a ball and then cut the ball into eight pieces.
Roll each piece of dough into a ball.
Place the cheddar rolls on a parchment covered baking sheet.
Bake at 475ËšF for 10-14 minutes, until golden brown.
Mix together melted butter, garlic powder, and parsley.
Brush over the garlic cheddar rolls.
Two Ingredient Dough Garlic Cheddar Rolls FAQs
1) Do you have a recipe for self-rising flour?
For one cup of self-risingÂ flour, whisk together one cup of all-purpose flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
2) What brand of plain Greek yogurt should I use? Use whatever kind is available at your local grocery store. Iâ€™ve made two ingredient dough with Fage, Oikos, and the store brand and havenâ€™t noticed a difference.
3) Do I have to use plain, fat-free, Greek yogurt for this recipe? No, you can use fat-free, full fat, 2% or 5%.
4) What should I do if the dough is sticky and won’t form a ball? Knead in a little more flour at a time until it is workable.
5) Can I make these garlic cheddar rolls WITHOUT a stand mixer?
Yes! Stir the self-rising flour and Greek yogurt together until combined. Turn it out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth.
6) How can I make these two ingredient dough garlic cheddar rolls WITHOUT a dough hook? Use the paddle attachment on your mixer to combine the self-rising flour and Greek yogurt.Â Turn it out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth.
7) What other seasonings/toppings would you suggest? TryÂ everything seasoning, parmesan, parsley, dill, rosemary, basil, or chives.
8) Any suggestions for how to make these lower in calories and fat? Use reduced-fat cheddar cheese and use less of it. For the butter, try a light butter alternative or butter spray and then sprinkle on the garlic powder and parsley.
Love Two Ingredient Dough? Try These Recipes Next
Â Super easy Garlic Herb Bagels Recipe made with two ingredient dough. No yeast and no waiting for the dough to rise! These chewy bagels are perfect toasted with cream cheese for breakfast or fill them with meat and cheese for a sandwich at lunch.
Two Ingredient Pizza Dough Recipe:Â This Two Ingredient Pizza Dough Recipe is the easiest way to make homemade pizza dough. Thereâ€™s no yeast and no waiting for the dough to rise! Just mix together these two ingredients and roll out the crust.
Two Ingredient Dough Pretzel Bites:Â Two Ingredient Dough Pretzel Bites are SUPER EASY to make with no yeast and no waiting for the dough to rise. Just mix the dough, cut nuggets, dip in baking soda water and bake!