This colorful Veggie Pizza recipe is the ultimate appetizer! The flaky crust, creamy ranch dip and crunchy veggies are the perfect combo.
I’m always delighted when someone brings cold veggie pizza to a party or potluck and I have to take a slice! I love how everyone makes it a little different yet it is always delicious.
Veggie Pizza Ingredients
To make a veggie pizza, you’ll need a crust, a creamy dip to spread over the crust, and diced veggies for toppings. Scroll down for the complete recipe with ingredient measurements.
- Puff Pastry: For the pizza crust, we chose puff pastry. Another popular choice is refrigerated crescent rolls.
- Cream Cheese: The cream cheese is the base of the spread or “pizza sauce”.
- Sour Cream: Sour cream helps thin the cream cheese and makes it lighter in texture.
- Mayonnaise: The mayonnaise also helps thin the cream cheese and adds flavor.
- Ranch: We used powdered ranch dressing mix to flavor the cream cheese mixture.
- Garlic Powder: The recipe calls for a little garlic powder for added flavor.
- Worcestershire Sauce: A little worcestershire sauce add a lot of flavor to the ranch spread mix.
- Veggies: We used diced broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, bell peppers, and celery.
How To Make Veggie Pizza
There are three easy steps to making a veggie pizza: bake the crust, make the ranch dip, and add the toppings. Scroll down for the printable recipe card and complete instructions.
- Crust: Roll the thawed puff pastry out and fold over the edges to from a rim. Use a fork to crimp the rim and to prick the center of the crust. Then, bake it until golden and allow it to cool completely.
- Ranch Dip: For the pizza sauce, make a ranch dip to spread over the crust. Beat the softened cream cheese and then add the sour cream, mayonnaise, powdered ranch dressing mix, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Toppings: Top the veggie pizza with the diced vegetables.
Vegetable Pizza Variations
There are so many variations on this classic recipe! Here are a few ideas:
- More Vegetables: tomatoes, cucumbers, snap peas, onions, and mushrooms
- Additional Toppings: cubed cheese, sliced olives, crumbled bacon
- Pizza Sauce: spinach artichoke dip, southwest dip, french onion dip
Veggie Pizza Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can make veggie pizza ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until serving time.
You can make veggie pizza healthier by using low-fat crescent rolls for the crust. When making the ranch dip, use light or low-fat versions of the ingredients.
Want more appetizer recipes? Try these next:
This delicious Apple Pecan Brie Bites recipe is an easy holiday appetizer that everyone loves with melted brie, apple butter and pecans in a flaky puff!
Ultimate Jalapenos Popper recipe for a party appetizer that everyone loves! Crispy on the outside with melted cheese and bacon on the inside.
This yummy Cheese Ball recipe with bacon and pecans is so easy to make. Put on a charcuterie board or serve with a variety of crackers as a party appetizer!
The ultimate Queso Recipe with melted cheeses, spicy peppers, and Mexican seasonings! This popular restaurant cheese dip is a party favorite.