These Air Fryer Chicken Breasts are juicy, flavorful, and done in 15 minutes! It’s the easiest way to cook the perfect chicken breasts.
We eat chicken a couple of times a week from the grill to the oven or stovetop, depending on the day and how many people are eating the meal. Using the air fryer is one of the easiest ways to make chicken!
Here’s Everything You Need To Make Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- Ingredients Needed
- Additional Flavor Combinations
- How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- Frozen Chicken Breasts
- Frequently Asked Questions
To make this recipe, you only need the chicken, olive oil, and your favorite seasonings! You can swap out seasonings and spices for whatever you are in the mood for.
- Chicken: We used about 1 1/2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts. They were larger in size, so there were only two, and they filled our air fryer basket.
- Olive Oil: The olive oil adds moisture, helps the chicken brown, and helps the seasonings stick. You can also use an olive oil spray but do not use cooking spray.
- Seasonings: We chose a mixture of garlic powder, paprika, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper.
Additional Air Fryer Chicken Breast Flavor Combinations
The sky is the limit when it comes to flavor combinations, so switch things up depending on the meal you are making. For a deeper flavor, you can even marinate the chicken before cooking it. Many of these seasonings can be found premixed at your local grocery store. I’ve also included links to recipes of seasoning mixes I’ve made.
- Garlic and Rosemary
- Lemon Pepper
- Savory Dry Rub
- Cajun Seasoning
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Jamaican Jerk
- Taco Seasoning
- Southwest Spice Blend
- Italian Seasoning
How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
This has become our FAVORITE way to make chicken breasts because it is so easy, and they always turn out perfectly! Simply prep the chicken and let your air fryer do the cooking.
Prep: Start by flattening the chicken breasts to an even thickness so that the whole piece will cook evenly.
Season: Brush the chicken with olive oil and sprinkle them with seasoning. Rub the seasoning in with your fingertips. Repeat on the opposite side.
Cook: Cook the seasoned chicken in an air fryer at 380˚F for 12-14 minutes, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165˚F, flipping the chicken over halfway through.
Frozen Chicken Breast In Air Fryer
You can also make frozen chicken breasts in an air fryer (although we do recommend thawed or fresh for optimal results). Season the frozen chicken as directed in the recipe and cook in a preheated air fryer at 380˚F for 24-27 minutes until they reach an internal temperature of 165˚F. Flip them over halfway through cooking and brush again with olive oil. You can also add more seasoning when you flip them over.
Storage and Reheating
- Fridge: Allow the chicken to cool and then store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Freezer: Store cooled chicken in an airtight container in the freezer for 3-4 months.
- Reheat: You can reheat chicken in the microwave, oven, or air fryer.
Frequently Asked Questions
It takes about 12-14 minutes at 380˚F, depending on the size and thickness.
Yes, you can cook raw chicken in an air fryer the same way would cook it in an oven. Lightly coat the basket with olive oil before adding the chicken to help prevent sticking.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- These crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings are the best appetizer!
- Air Fryer Corn On The Cob is super easy to make and always delicious!
- These Air Fryer Cream Cheese Wontons have a creamy interior with a crispy exterior.
- Make Air Fryer Pork Chops for a quick family dinner.
Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Preheat the air fryer to 380˚F. Place the chicken breasts between parchment paper and pound flat. Brush the chicken with olive oil on both sides.
- Mix together the seasonings and sprinkle on both sides of the chicken breasts. Rub the seasoning over the chicken for full coverage.
- Add the seasoned chicken to the greased air fryer basket.
- Bake the chicken breasts in the air fryer for 7 minutes at 380˚F, flip the chicken breasts over, and continue cooking for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165˚F.