These Air Fryer Chicken Breasts are juicy, flavorful, and done in 15 minutes! It’s the easiest way to cook the perfect chicken breasts.
We eat chicken a couple of times a week from the grill to the oven or stovetop depending on the day and how many people are eating the meal. Using the air fryer is one of the easiest ways to make chicken!
Air Fryer Chicken Breasts Ingredients
To make this recipe you only need the chicken, olive oil, and your favorite seasonings! You can swap out seasonings and spices to whatever you are in the mood for. Scroll down for the complete recipe with ingredient measurements.
- Chicken: We used about 1 1/2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts. They were larger in size so there were only two and they filled our air fryer basket.
- Olive Oil: The olive oil adds moisture, helps the chicken brown, and helps the seasonings stick.
- Seasonings: We chose a mixture of garlic powder, paprika, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper.
Additional Flavor Combinations:
The sky is the limit when it comes to flavor combinations so switch things up depending on the meal you are making. For a deeper flavor, you can even marinate the chicken before cooking it. Many of these seasonings can be found premixed at your local grocery store. I’ve also included links to recipes of seasoning mixes I’ve made.
- Garlic and Rosemary
- Lemon Pepper
- Savory Dry Rub
- Cajun Seasoning
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Jamaican Jerk
- Taco Seasoning
How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
We love making air fryer chicken breasts because it is so easy and always turns out perfectly! Simply prep the chicken and let your air fryer do the cooking. Scroll down for the printable recipe card and complete instructions.
- Prep: Start by flattening the chicken breasts to an even thickness so that the whole piece will cook evenly.
- Season: Brush the chicken with olive oil and sprinkle them with seasoning. Rub the seasoning in with your fingertips. Repeat on the opposite side.
- Cook: Cook the seasoned chicken in an air fryer at 380˚F for 12-14 minutes, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165˚F, flipping the chicken over halfway through.
Air Fryer Chicken Breasts Frequently Asked Questions
It takes about 12-14 minutes in a preheated air fryer at 380˚F, depending on the size and thickness of the chicken breasts.
Yes, you can cook raw chicken in an air fryer, the same way would cook it in an oven. Lightly coat the air fryer basket with olive oil before adding the chicken to help prevent sticking.
Cook chicken breasts at 380˚F in a preheated air fryer.
Want more air fryer recipes? Try these next:
This crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings recipe is a crowd favorite! So easy to make and full of flavor. Coat with sauce and watch them disappear.
Air Fryer Corn On The Cob with tender, toasted kernels is easy to make without turning the oven on! Serve with plenty of butter and salt.
Crispy Air Fryer Cream Cheese Wontons are filled with garlic cream cheese. Serve these easy cream cheese puffs as an appetizer or side dish.