This Everything Bagel Seasoning recipe only has 5 ingredients and is ready in seconds! We use this seasoning blend on everything from bagels to chicken.
We’ve become slightly obsessed with everything bagel seasoning lately. It tastes good on so many things!
The only problem is that it is inconvenient to get to a store that sells the seasoning mix and we go through it really quickly. So the best solution was to start making it myself and I wanted to share the recipe so that you can make it home as well.
Where is the recipe for everything bagel seasoning? In this post, I will share step-by-step instructions with photos, as well as answering FAQs about the recipe and sharing a short video showing the recipe in motion. But you can go directly to the recipe by scrolling down to the bottom of the post.
How To Make Everything Bagel Seasoning
The great thing about this recipe is that the spices used to make it can be found at your local grocery store if you don’t already have them in your cupboard.
Also, you can use more or less of any of the spices depending on your family’s tastes. Or you can even add more spices like dried crushed red peppers for heat.
The everything bagel seasoning recipe I use includes sesame seeds, dried minced garlic, dried minced onion, poppy seeds, and sea salt.
Whisk or stir the spices together until they are evenly spread throughout. Since the spices are different weights and textures they won’t mix perfectly but you can always shake the spice jar later to mix them more.
Use a small funnel to pour the everything bagel seasoning into a spice jar. I used a glass spice jar with a lid and a shaker top that has large holes.
Everything Bagel Seasoning Recipe FAQs
1. What is everything bagel seasoning good on? The most obvious place is the top of the bagels when you make them. But you can also sprinkle it on the cream cheese inside the bagel, on avocado toast, eggs, salads or on cooked veggies. Or use it to season meat, popcorn, and French fries.
2. What’s in everything bagel seasoning? It is a combination of sesame seeds, dried minced onion, dried minced garlic, poppy seeds, and sea salt. It can also include other spices such as black pepper, black sesame seeds, or even dried crushed red peppers.
3. What do you put on an everything bagel? You can just top it with cream cheese or turn it into a sandwich such as a turkey club with sliced turkey, peppered bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomato, and mayo.
4. Where can I buy the seasoning instead of making it? You can buy Everything But The Bagel Seasoning at Trader Joe’s. If you can’t make it to the store you can find it here online. But the easiest thing is to use this recipe to make it yourself!
Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Put all of the ingredients in a bowl and stir to mix.
- Use a funnel to pour the mixture into a spice jar.