These Chicken Lettuce Wraps are bursting with flavor and color! Top lettuce leaves with chicken, thinly sliced veggies, and peanut sauce.
The last few times I’ve gone to the Cheesecake Factory, I’ve ordered the Asian Chicken Lettuce Wrap Tacos and thoroughly enjoyed them. I decided to make a copycat so that I can have them whenever I want! It’s a fun family dinner recipe or party food idea where everyone gets to make their own wraps.
Featured In This Post
Chicken Lettuce Wraps Ingredients
The fresh, flavorful ingredients needed to make these chicken lettuce wraps are simple yet fabulous when combined. Feel free to customize them to fit your family’s needs.
- Chicken: We used our sweet and spicy chicken recipe to make our wraps. Cilantro lime chicken, southwest chicken, and mango chicken would work as well. Or, if you are in a hurry, you can use rotisserie chicken, canned chicken, or ready-made chicken.
- Lettuce: Look for sturdy lettuce that can hold the fillings, such as butter lettuce, bib, or Boston. We ended up using green leaf lettuce because that was the only thing available near us.
- Cucumber: A seedless or English cucumber is perfect for these wraps. The thin skin doesn’t need to be removed, so you get a nice pop of green.
- Bell Pepper: We added a single red bell pepper, but you can use as many colorful bell peppers as you want!
- Carrot: You can buy matchstick carrots or cut carrots into strips yourself, depending on what is available at your local grocery store.
- Cilantro: A little cilantro adds so much flavor as well as a pop of color.
- Rice: We made coconut rice for the chicken lettuce wraps, and the flavor combination was fantastic. You can also use cilantro lime rice, plain rice, or cauliflower rice.
- Peanut Sauce: The peanut sauce (find our recipe here) can be drizzled on the wraps or used as a dip. You can make it or use a store-bought version.
There are countless ways these lettuce wraps could be prepared! Try using different seasonings, swap the chicken for other meats, choose a variety of veggies, and use other sauces!
- Meat: Try fish, shredded pork, ground beef, ground chicken, shrimp, or tofu.
- Wraps: Instead of lettuce, you could use tortillas, naan, or seaweed wraps.
- Veggies: In addition to the vegetables already shared, try onions, bean sprouts, mushrooms, avocados, corn, edamame, or sliced pea pods.
- Grains: Try flavored rice, rice noodles, cauliflower rice, or quinoa.
- Toppings: Try a fruit salsa such as pineapple salsa or mango salsa. Or a savory salsa like pineapple pico de gallo or corn salsa.
- Sauces: Chicken lettuce wraps can be dipped in sweet red chili sauce, cilantro lime sauce, spicy honey mustard, or ranch dressing.
How To Make Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Making the chicken lettuce wraps is easy, especially if you prepare the chicken and rice ahead of time. All you need to do is slice the veggies!
Prepare: Rinse, slice, and chop the chicken and vegetables. We sliced the veggies into long, thin sticks and chopped the cilantro. Warm the chicken and rice, if desired.
Assemble: Put the lettuce leaves, sliced veggies, sliced chicken, cooked rice, and peanut sauce on small trays or plates. If making this for a larger group, put all of the chicken lettuce wrap ingredients out buffet style, and everyone can assemble their own tray.
Enjoy: To make a chicken lettuce wrap, open a lettuce leaf and layer on the ingredients you like. We started with coconut rice on the bottom and then added the chicken, followed by the veggies. Finally, we drizzled the peanut sauce on top. We found that drizzling the sauce on top was easier than dipping the wraps in the sauce.
Make Ahead and Storage
Make Ahead: This is the perfect recipe to make ahead of time and enjoy over a few days! Prep all of the ingredients and then assemble the wraps when you are ready to eat.
Storage: Store the ingredients separately for 3-4 days in airtight containers in the fridge and assemble before eating.
Frequently Asked Questions
Choose sturdy lettuce such as butter lettuce, bib lettuce, or Boston lettuce that can hold the filling inside.
Separate the lettuce leaves from the stem. Rinse and drain the leave and then pat them dry. Trim the stem off the leaves so that they are about the size of a taco shell.
You can use chicken, fish, beef, seafood, or tofu in lettuce wraps.
- Use the ingredients from this Taco Salad recipe to make a lettuce taco instead of a traditional taco!
- Make a Mexican Street Corn wrap with chorizo, grilled corn, cotija cheese, and sauce on top.
- Use Chipotle Chicken to make street taco lettuce wraps with corn salsa and cheese on top.
- Make Chicken Tinga lettuce taco wraps topped with pico de Gallo, avocado, cotija cheese, and cilantro.
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Wash and cut all of the veggies. Warm up the chicken and rice, if desired.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves, sliced chicken, rice, sliced veggies, and peanut sauce on small trays or on plates.
- To make a chicken lettuce wrap, open a lettuce leaf and layer on the rice, chicken, and veggies.
- Drizzle peanut sauce over the top and then wrap the lettuce around the filling and enjoy!
- Meat: Try fish, shredded pork, ground beef, or tofu.
- Wraps: Instead of lettuce, use tortillas, naan, or seaweed wraps.
- Veggies: Try onions, bean sprouts, mushrooms, avocados, corn, edamame, or sliced pea pods.
- Grains: Use flavored rice, rice noodles, cauliflower rice, or quinoa.
- Toppings: Try a fruit salsa such as pineapple salsa or mango salsa. Or savory salsas like pico de gallo or corn salsa.
- Sauces: Chicken lettuce wraps can be dipped in sweet red chili sauce, cilantro lime sauce, or almond sauce or any sauce you like.