Sausage and Peppers is a quick, easy meal that is full of flavor! Can be served over pasta and rice or in a hoagie bun with cheese on top.
A skillet dinner is perfect for busy weeknights! It is also a popular choice to serve to a crowd as a sandwich filling with cheese on top.
Sausage and Peppers Ingredients
The main ingredients needed are in the name of the recipe: sausage and peppers! This recipe also includes onion and garlic plus some seasonings. Scroll down for the complete recipe with ingredient measurements.
- Sausage: We used Italian sausage links to make this recipe. You can choose sweet, mild, or hot sausage. Another great option is to use turkey or chicken sausage.
- Bell Peppers: We chose four different color peppers to make the meal really colorful but any four will work.
- Onion: This recipe calls for one medium yellow onion but again, you can use what you love or what you have on hand.
- Garlic: The crushed garlic adds so much flavor. We keep frozen crushed garlic on hand and it is so convenient!
- Seasoning: For seasonings, we used dried oregano, dried basil, coarse ground black pepper, and kosher salt.
- Olive Oil: We used olive oil for frying both the sausages and the peppers and onions.
- Chicken Broth: The chicken broth adds flavor and moisture.
How To Make Sausage and Peppers
This recipe is made in three easy steps: cook the sausages, cook the peppers and onions, and then fry everything together until browned. Scroll down for the printable recipe card and complete instructions.
- Fry the sausage links and then slice them into pieces.
- Slice the bell peppers and onion and then saute them until tender.
- Combine everything and cook until the sausages are browned.
Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time. Keep it warm in a slow cooker for serving at a party, potluck, or open house.
Cook the sausages and then cut them into slices. Put the sliced sausages, sliced bell peppers, sliced onions, and garlic on a sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the seasonings. Stir to coat everything evenly. Bake at 400˚F for 25-30 minutes until the peppers are tender.
Want more dinner recipes? Try these next:
Tuna Noodle Casserole has a creamy sauce on the noodles and is topped with crunchy, buttery, Ritz crackers! This classic comfort food is perfect for a family dinner.
This Honey Garlic Chicken recipe is made with chicken breasts and a simple honey garlic sauce. Serve it over rice or noodles.
Our tender, flavorful Meatloaf Recipe is a family favorite! We love the sweet, tangy glaze and enjoy it with a side of mashed potatoes.
This Taco Casserole recipe is a great way to make tacos for the whole family. Everything is served from one casserole dish by the spoonful.