Here are the BEST homemade Milkshake Recipes you’ll want to make on repeat this summer! Keep cool with these classic all-American shakes.
A burger, fries, and a shake is an all-American diner staple. Vanilla, chocolate and cookies n cream are the most popular flavors. It’s so easy to all of your favorite milkshakes at home, whenever you want without having to go to the drive-thru! The next time you make burgers for dinner, suprise your family with homemade milkshakes for dessert.
In This Post
All you need to make a milkshake is ice cream, milk, and a flavoring of your choice! The best part is that you can add whatever you want to make your favorite flavors.
- Vanilla Ice Cream: Since a milkshake has only a few ingredients, you’ll want to buy the best quality ice cream you can for the best flavor.
- Milk: We used whole milk because it is thicker and helps keep the shake creamy.
- Flavorings: You can add chocolate sauce, caramel syrup, blueberry sauce, banana syrup, strawberry sauce, vanilla extract, or other flavored extracts such as bubblegum or cotton candy.
- Mix-Ins: There are countless choices of mix-ins you can use! Try chopped cookies, sliced strawberries, brownie chunks, fresh blueberries, chopped candy bars, or sliced bananas.
- Whipped Cream: Every milkshake needs whipped cream on top! You can make homemade whipped cream or use the store-bought kind in a can.
- Cherries: A maraschino cherry with a stem looks pretty on top but is totally optional.
- Toppings: Adding sprinkles, jimmies, or chopped cookies and candies to the top of shakes is fun.
How To Make A Milkshake
- Put the liquids into the blender first. Then, add the milk, sauces, and flavored extracts.
- Next, add any mix-ins you want to use. They should be chopped or sliced into smaller pieces so that they will blend in easily.
- Finally, add the ice cream.
- Then, blend until the milkshake is creamy.
Homemade Milkshake Recipes
The chocolate ice cream provides a rich and creamy base, while the graham cracker crumbs add a bit of crunch. The toasted marshmallow adds the memories of a campfire and the whipped cream and chocolate sauce are the perfect finishing touch.
To make the milkshake, simply combine mint chocolate chip ice cream, strong coffee, chocolate syrup, and milk in a blender. Blend until smooth, then pour into vintage green Ball mason jars. Top with whipped cream and chopped Andes mints.
My husband loves mint coffee drinks, so he was thrilled with this milkshake. He said it was the perfect frozen version of his favorite coffee drinks.
Ice Cream Milkshake Recipe Questions
You blend vanilla ice cream, milk, and flavorings in a blender until smooth and creamy.
A malt includes malted milk powder, and a milkshake does not. They both have ice cream, milk, and flavorings.
Yes! In addition to using a blender, you can also make milkshakes in a food processor, immersion blender, hand mixer, stand mixer, or retro milkshake maker.
The difference between shake and smoothie is that one is a dessert, and the other is often eaten for breakfast. A shake is made with ice cream and milk, while a smoothie is made with yogurt, milk, and fruit.
No Churn Ice Cream Recipes
You can also make 3 ingredient ice cream at home this summer in addition to these milkshake recipes! Here are a few of our favorites:
- Marshmallow Ice Cream has swirls of marshmallow cream in it!
- Oreo Ice Cream is perfect for making little Oreo ice cream sandwiches.
- Cotton Candy Ice Cream is a kid’s dream come true!
- No Churn Chocolate Ice Cream is perfect for chocolate lovers.
- Fruity Pebbles Ice Cream tastes like your favorite cereal!