Smoked Gouda Fondue is the best cheesy appetizer! Dip in all of your favorite savory foods. Or make it part of a fun dinner with cubed chicken and steak!
My family loves cheese in all forms but cheesy dips and fondue are at the top of the list. We love getting Jerk Chicken Fondue from Redstone Grill so I had to figure out how to make it at home!
This Smoke Gouda Fondue is super easy to make and there are endless things that can be dipped in it.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
Where is the Smoked Gouda Fondue recipe? In this post, I will share step-by-step instructions with photos for how to make this fondue, as well as answering FAQs about the recipe and sharing a short video showing the recipe in motion. But you can go directly to the recipe by scrolling down to the bottom of the post.
How To Make Smoked Gouda Fondue
Step One: Shredded Gouda
Start by shredding the gouda after cutting off the rind.
I bought smoked gouda in a block that had to be shredded but the regular gouda I was able to find already shredded.
Step Two: Melting Cheese
Heat the heavy cream until it starts to simmer. Then, whisk in the shredded gouda about 1/4 cup at a time until melted.
Step Three: Pepper
Once all of the cheese is melted, whisk in the black pepper.
Step Four: Bread
Cut French bread into cubes. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt. Stir and then drizzle with more olive oil and sprinkle with more garlic salt.
Bake at 425˚F for 3-5 minutes stirring and turning after 2 minutes.
Step Five: Chicken
The restaurant we get the smoked gouda fondue from serves it with jerk marinaded chicken. You can find my recipe for Jamaican Jerk Chicken here.
After cooking the chicken, cut it into cubes for dipping.
Step Six: Apple
There is just something about the combination of cheese and apples. So, of course, sliced apples should be included as dippers.
We prefer Granny Smith apples but go ahead and use your favorite.
Step Seven: Smoked Gouda Fondue
Pour the smoked gouda fondue into a fondue pot, mini crockpot, or a bowl.
Arrange toasted bread cubes, green apple slices, and cubed Jamaican jerk chicken around the fondue.
Smoked Gouda Fondue FAQs
1. What foods are good for fondue? Here what to dip in cheese fondue: apples, chicken, bread cubes, grapes (the restaurant includes grapes), cubed steak, pretzels, veggies, and tortilla chips.
2. What vegetables are good for fondue? Use fresh cut vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, peppers, asparagus, sweet peas, and celery. Or cooked or steamed vegetables such as potatoes, green beans, and Brussels sprouts.
3. Do I have to use smoked gouda or can all regular gouda be used? You can use all gouda and skip the smoked gouda but the flavor will not be the same.
4. Why is my fondue chunky? You have to keep the heavy cream warm and SLOWLY add the cheese allowing each 1/4 cup of shredded cheese to melt before adding more.
5. Do I have to use a fondue pot? No, you can make the fondue and keep it warm in a crockpot or serve it immediately before it gets cold.
Want More Cheese Dip Recipes? Try These Next:
This Cheddar Cheese Fondue recipe is kid-friendly cheese dip that can be used as an appetizer or as a fun dinner! Serve with cubed bread, fruit and veggies.
This Easy Queso Blanco Recipe is a quick way to make white cheese dip using Velveeta and peppers. Serve with chips as a side dish or an appetizer!
This Cheesy Caprese Dip is one appetizer recipe your friends will beg you to make again with its mouthwatering combination of cheeses, basil, and tomatoes.
Cheesy Barbecue Dip is a delicious appetizer that you can share with friends at a backyard barbecue or bring to holiday parties and potlucks.
Smoked Gouda Fondue
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups shredded smoked Gouda
- 1 cup shredded Gouda
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Toasted Bread Cubes
Smoked Gouda Fondue
- Bring heavy cream to a simmer over medium heat.
- Slowly whisk in the shredded cheese a little (about 1/4 cup) at a time. Stirring until completely melted before adding more.
- Once all of the cheese has been added, stir in the black pepper.
Toasted Bread Cubes
- Cut the French bread into cubes and spread on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle with one tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of garlic salt. Stir and repeat with the remaining olive oil and garlic salt.
- Bake at 425˚F for 3-5 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes.
*Nutrition facts are for 1/2 cup of smoked gouda fondue plus 1/6 of the toasted bread cubes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 6 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 881Saturated Fat: 42gCholesterol: 259mgSodium: 1476mgCarbohydrates: 24gSugar: 3gProtein: 38g