This Strawberry Milkshake recipe is made with fresh, juicy strawberries for the ultimate treat! Topped with whipped cream and pink sprinkles.
I’ve always loved strawberries on ice cream, and this strawberry milkshake is the drinkable version! It has a classic flavor that brings me back to my childhood and reminds me of going strawberry picking with my mom.
What You’ll Find In This Post
Strawberry Milkshake Ingredients
- Milk: Whole milk thins the ice cream so that it turns smooth and creamy! For a thinner shake, add more, and for a thicker shake, add less.
- Ice Cream: Vanilla ice cream goes perfectly with strawberries! You can also use strawberry ice cream for even more strawberry flavor.
- Strawberries: Fresh, sliced strawberries bring the flavor! If your strawberries aren’t very ripe and juicy, you can slice them, sprinkle them with granulated sugar, and place them in the refrigerator for an hour or two. Drain the excess juice before adding the strawberries to the blender.
- Toppings: Top the shakes with whipped cream, pink sprinkles, and maraschino cherries.
How To Make A Strawberry Shake
Put the milk into the blender first, followed by the sliced strawberries and vanilla ice cream.
Blend until smooth and creamy. Then, pour the shakes into two glasses and top them with whipped cream and sprinkles.
With just a few ingredient swaps, you can make so many different flavor variations! Here are a few of our favorites:
Strawberry Banana Milkshake
It’s really easy to turn this shake into a strawberry banana milkshake!
- Add 1/2 cup of frozen banana slices to the blender along with the other ingredients.
- For even more banana flavor, add two tablespoons of banana syrup.
- Top the shakes with whipped cream, strawberry, and banana slices.
A strawberry malt is just like a strawberry shake, except it has malted milk powder in it as well!
- Add three tablespoons of vanilla malted milk powder to the blender with the other ingredients.
- Finally, top the malts with whipped cream and malted milk balls!
Strawberry Cheesecake Milkshake
If you love strawberry cheesecake, you’ve got to try this shake!
- Add two tablespoons of powdered cheesecake-flavored pudding mix to the blender along with the other ingredients.
- Then, top the strawberry cheesecake milkshakes with whipped cream, strawberry slices, and crushed graham crackers.
What Others Want To Know
Yes, you can use frozen strawberries but allow them to thaw partially before adding them to the blender.
You can add bananas, blueberries, raspberries, or mangos.
A strawberry milkshake is a dessert made with ice cream. On the other hand, a strawberry smoothie is often eaten for breakfast and is made with yogurt and fruit.
Additional Shake Recipes
- This Homemade Vanilla Shake tastes like the malt shop favorite.
- A Chocolate Milkshake is an all-American classic summertime treat!
- A S’mores Milkshake is like a s’more without the bonfire!
- This Brownie Shake is full of chocolate goodness.
- Pie Milkshakes taste like pie à la mode!
- ⅓ cup whole milk*
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream slightly softened
- ¾ cup sliced strawberries
- ½ cup whipped cream
- 2 maraschino cherries
- 1 teaspoon pink sprinkles
- Put the whole milk and sliced strawberries into the blender. Then add the vanilla ice cream.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into two chilled glasses.
- Top with whipped cream, a maraschino cherry, and pink sprinkles.