This Easy Pepperoni Stromboli recipe is a family favorite. Crave-worthy golden crust wrapped around layers of cheese and pepperoni!
I’ve been making this easy pepperoni stromboli recipe for almost 10 years and my family would still eat it weekly if I made it for them that often! My husband and daughters love it with pepperoni and my son prefers plain cheese stromboli.
Table of contents
- Dough: Store-bought frozen bread dough is an easy shortcut.
- Eggs: For the filling and the egg wash.
- Parmesan: Use in the filling and sprinkle on top too.
- Olive Oil: Adds flavor and moisture.
- Seasonings: Add flavor with Italian seasoning, powdered ranch, garlic salt, and black pepper.
- Cheese: Use both shredded cheese and cheese slices.
- Meat: Pepperoni is our favorite but any pizza toppings will work.
How To Make Easy Pepperoni Stromboli
Step One: Start With The Dough
Let the bread thaw and rise. I used frozen bread dough because it is so easy but you can make homemade pizza dough.
You only need ONE LOAF for this recipe but I always make two for my family as you can see in the photo above. Spread the loaf of dough into a greased jelly roll pan or a sheet pan.
Step Two: Make The Filling
In a small bowl place a whole egg, an egg yolk, and olive oil. Separate the egg white into a separate bowl and save for later.
Then, add the grated parmesan, powdered ranch dressing mix, Italian seasoning, garlic salt, and black pepper. Mix together using a whisk until combined.
Step Three: Spread The Filling
Pour the egg mixture on the dough towards the center. Spread, using a rubber spatula making sure to leave some space around the edge of the dough where it will be folded.
Sprinkle with shredded cheese, place slices of pepper jack cheese, and cover with pepperoni.
Step Four: Fold The Stromboli
There are a couple of ways to fold the stromboli. The first one is by folding up the ends and then the sides of the dough. Pinch the seams together and flip the entire loaf over so that the seam rests on the bottom.
The second way is to cut small slits along the length of the dough. Pull dough segments from opposite sides of the dough to the center and twist/pinch to hold them together.
Brush the top of the stromboli loaf with the beaten egg white you set aside and sprinkle with grated parmesan. Go ahead and sprinkle with additional Italian seasoning if you want.
Step Five: Bake
Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes, until golden on top and cooked through. The smell of this easy pepperoni stromboli, when it is baking, is amazing!
Once I bought it to my friend’s house all ready to bake. She lived in a townhouse at the time and one of the women from a couple of doors down smelled it baking and just had to have the recipe!
And when you cut into the stromboli you can see the delicious layers inside. This Easy Pepperoni Stromboli recipe is very versatile and is sure to become a popular request. Add your family’s favorite seasonings and toppings to make it your own.
Stromboli Recipe FAQs
Yes, you can always try different meat like chicken, turkey, ham, sausage etc.
Calzones are folded into a half-circle shape and meant for only one person. On the other hand, Stromboli is folded into a long rectangular shape and meant to be shared.
Yes, you can. For best results prep stromboli ahead of time. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge. Bake stromboli before serving.
You can also fully cook the stromboli, store it in the fridge, and reheat it before serving. Keep in mind that reheating the stromboli may alter the texture.,
More Pizza Recipes
- Tater Tot Taco Pizza is a combination of tacos and pizza!
- This Pretzel Pizza has a cheddar cheese sauce!
- Macaroni and Cheese Pizza is my son’s favorite.
- This Two Ingredient Pizza Dough Recipe is the easiest way to make pizza dough.
- Grilled Pizza is a favorite during the summer months.
Easy Pepperoni Stromboli
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough thawed
- 2 eggs divided
- 2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon powdered ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (any blend)
- 3 slices pepper jack cheese
- 21 slices pepperoni (more if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread dough into a greased jelly roll or sheet pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together a whole egg, an egg yolk (separate the egg white and set aside), olive oil, one tablespoon of grated parmesan, powdered ranch dressing mix, Italian seasoning, garlic salt, and black pepper.
- Spread the egg filling into the center of the dough.
- Top with shredded cheese, slices of pepper jack cheese, and pepperoni.
- There are two ways to fold the loaf. You can fold the sides of the dough up and over the toppings in the middle. Press and seal the seam. Turn the whole loaf over so that the seam is on the bottom.
- Or cut small slits in the sides of the dough. Pull dough segments from opposite sides of the loaf, up over the toppings, twist, and press them together.
- Beat egg white slightly and brush on the loaf.
- Sprinkle with one tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes, until golden on top and cooked through.