Thanksgiving Candy Bar Pretzel Bites are easy to make with mini candy bars sandwiched between pretzels. A kid-friendly treat for Thanksgiving Day!
At Thanksgiving dinner kids aren’t that interested in pies so make them a treat they will love like pumpkin cupcakes or these Thanksgiving Candy Bar Pretzel Bites. This easy dessert can be made ahead of time
You can get your kids involved in the kitchen by letting them help make these candy bar pretzel bites. They can help unwrap the candy bars and put them on the pretzels. And kids LOVE adding sprinkles!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
Where is the Thanksgiving candy bar pretzel bites recipe? In this post, I will share step-by-step instructions with photos for how to make the pretzel bites, as well as answering FAQs about the recipe and sharing a video. But you can go directly to the recipe by scrolling down to the bottom of the post.
How To Make Thanksgiving Candy Bar Pretzel Bites
Step One: Pretzels
To make these candy bar pretzel bites, I love using the crosshatch square pretzels called snaps. If they aren’t available in your area, mini pretzel twists would work too.
Put as many pretzels as you have mini candy bars on a baking sheet.
Step Two: Candy Bars
For this recipe, I used mini Snickers, Milky Way bars and 3 Musketeers. These mini candy bars are the perfect size for the square pretzels.
Remove all of the wrappers and put them on the pretzels.
Step Three: Bake
The candy bars need to be softened slightly so that the top pretzel will stick. I like to do this in the oven but they could be softened in the microwave for a few seconds on a plate if that is easier for you.
Step Four: Add Pretzel
Working quickly before the chocolate cools and hardens, squish another pretzel on top of each candy bar.
Then, allow the candy bars to cool and harden.
Step Five: Melted White Chocolate
Once the chocolate has hardened, the candy bar pretzel bites are ready to be dipped.
The candy bar pretzel bites can be dipped in white candy melts, melted white chocolate chips, or white almond bark.
Place the candy bar pretzel bites on a silicone baking mat or baking sheet. For best results cover the baking sheet with parchment paper so that the pretzels can be easily removed.
Don’t dip all of the candy bars at once because you need to add sprinkles before the white chocolate hardens so only dip a few at a time.
Step Six: Sprinkles
Before the white chocolate hardens, add the sprinkles. For Thanksgiving, I used orange, yellow, and white sprinkles but these can be customized for any holiday or occasion.
Thanksgiving Candy Bar Pretzel Bites FAQs
1. Where can I find the square pretzels? The pretzel used to make these pretzel bites are called snaps and are widely available at grocery stores in Minnesota. You can also purchase them online here.
2. Will pretzel twists work instead of the square pretzels? Yes, you can use pretzel twists as well.
3. Can these pretzel bites be dipped in melted white chocolate chips? I love using white candy coating that comes in a small tray because it is so convenient but white chocolate chips will work too. If you are having issues dipping them in the melted white chocolate, you can thin it with a little shortening.
4. Have you ever frozen these candy bar pretzel bites? Are they soggy after defrosting? Yes, you can make them ahead of time and freeze them. No, they are not soggy after defrosting.
Want more pretzel desserts? Try one of these next:
Peanut Butter Cup Pretzels: Peanut Butter Cup Pretzels are so easy to make for Christmas and they look festive too! Try them for your next holiday party!
Adorable Candy Pretzel Turkey Bites from Suburban Simplicity: These Candy Pretzel Turkey Bites use Rolos and candy corn to make edible turkeys for kids!
Pretzel Turtles Recipe: You can satisfy your sweet tooth in a hurry with Pretzel Turtles! There are only 3 ingredients, pretzels, caramel filled chocolates and nuts!
Chocolate Covered Pretzels in a Turkey Jar from Inside BruCrew Life: Bright colored sprinkles and chocolate covered pretzels make the perfect tail feathers for this fun no-bake Thanksgiving treat.
Crispy Peanut Butter Bites: Crispy Peanut Butter Bites are so much easier to make than peanut butter balls or truffles. Sandwich dough between pretzels and dip half in white chocolate!
Thanksgiving Candy Bar Pretzel Bites
- Spread 20 pretzels out on a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer and top with the mini candy bars.
- Bake at 300˚F for about 3 minutes to soften the candy bars.
- Press an additional pretzel into the softened chocolate of the candy bars.
- Melt the vanilla candy coating according to the instructions on the package.
- Dip the candy bar pretzel bites in the candy coating, place on parchment paper or a silicone mat and top with sprinkles.
- Allow the candy coating to harden. Store in an airtight container.