This easy two ingredient dough Baguette Recipe makes two golden loaves of fresh bread that are perfect with a bowl of warm soup.
When we made chicken noodle soup recently, we wanted some bread to go along with it, so we came up with this super easy two ingredient dough baguette recipe. The bread was so good with soup, and we enjoyed it dipped in olive oil as well.
In This Post: Everything You Need To Make This Two Ingredient Dough Baguette Recipe
- What Is Two Ingredient Dough
- How To Make Baguettes With Two Ingredient Dough
- Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Two Ingredient Dough
Two ingredient dough is made with self-rising flour and plain, fat-free Greek yogurt. This simple, yeastless dough recipe can be used to make so many things, from pretzel bites to pizza crust! There is no waiting for the yeast to rise and no kneading for 20 minutes. We’ve been making two ingredient dough for several years now, and we still love it.
How To Make Baguettes With Two Ingredient Dough
We love this dough because it is so easy to make. If the dough gets too wet, add a little more flour, and if it is too dry, you can add more Greek yogurt.
- Dough: Mix together the self-rising flour and Greek yogurt. Turn the dough out onto a floured silicone mat.
- Shape: Knead the dough a few times and then form two loaves. Place the loaves on the prepared baking sheet and cut slits on top of them.
- Bake: Bake the baguettes on the middle rack with hot boiling water in a pan on the lower rack. The hot water creates steam in the oven and helps make the crust get crispy and crackly.
You can use this basic dough recipe to make so many things! Here are a few of our favorites:
- These easy, two-ingredient dough Pizza Rolls have mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, and pizza sauce on the inside!
- Use this two ingredient dough Naan Flatbread to make mini pizzas or sandwich wraps!
- Rosemary Bread is made with two-ingredient dough and can be served as a side dish or used to make sandwiches.
- Two-ingredient dough Garlic Knots are a popular appetizer or side for pizza and pasta!
Allow the baguettes to cool completely on a wire rack before cutting or storing them. Once they’ve cooled, store them in
Frequently Asked Questions
For one cup of self-rising flour, whisk together one cup of all-purpose flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
Classic French baguettes are made with wheat flour, water, salt, and yeast. This recipe uses two ingredient dough to make two short loaves of bread with a chewy interior and a golden, crusty exterior.
You can eat it with olive oil for dipping, with soup, or use it to make a sandwich.
Ways To Use This Baguette Recipe?
- Appetizer: You can eat these baguettes as an appetizer with olive oil to dip in. Pour olive oil onto a shallow plate and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese, sea salt, and coarse ground black pepper.
- Side: We love having fresh, crusty bread as a side for soups and pasta. Serve it warm with butter.
- Crostini: Cut the baguettes into thin slices, brush with olive oil, and sprinkle with seasoning. Bake the slice until golden brown. Serve the crostini with spinach artichoke dip.
- Garlic Bread: Slice the loaves in half lengthwise, spread butter on them, sprinkle with garlic powder, and bake them in the oven until golden brown.