With the kids going back to school comes the question of what do I give them for an after school snack. One of my kid’s favorite snacks is pretzel bites and this recipe for two ingredient dough pretzel bites is SUPER easy to make.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
Where is the Two Ingredient Dough Pretzel Bites Recipe? In this post, I will share step-by-step instructions with photos for how to make the pretzel bites, as well as answering FAQs about the recipe. But you can go directly to the recipe by scrolling down to the bottom of the post.
How To Make Two Ingredient Dough Pretzel Bites
Put self-rising flour and plain, fat-free Greek yogurt in the bowl of a stand mixer with the dough hook attachment.
Mix at a low speed until combined.
Then, knead at a medium speed for about 3 minutes until a ball forms.
Turn the dough out onto a floured surface.
Sprinkle the top with flour, knead a couple of times, and form the dough into a ball.
Cut the dough ball into four wedges.
Roll each piece of dough into a long rope.
Cut the ropes into small segments.
Dissolve baking soda in boiling water.
Dip the dough segments into the baking soda mixture.
Place coated pretzel bites on a parchment covered baking sheet.
Bake at 425ËšF for 7-10 minutes, until golden brown.
Brush pretzel bites with melted butter.
Sprinkle with pretzel salt.
Two Ingredient Dough Pretzel Bites Recipe FAQs
1) I can’t find self-rising flour. Can I make myself?
For one cup of self-rising flour, whisk together one cup of all-purpose flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon of salt but remember that results may vary!
2) What brand of plain, fat-free Greek yogurt do you recommend? Use whatever kind is available at your local grocery store. Iâ€™ve made two ingredient dough with Fage, Oikos, and the store brand and havenâ€™t noticed a difference.
3) Do I have to use plain, fat-free, Greek yogurt for this recipe? No, but your results may vary. You can try using fat-free, full fat, 2% or 5% but may need to add a different amount of flour or make changes in the baking time.
4) What should I do if my dough is too sticky? Knead in a little more flour at a time until it is workable.
5) Can I make these pretzel bites without a stand mixer?
Yes! Stir the self-rising flour and Greek yogurt together until combined. Turn it out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth.
6) How can I make these two ingredient dough pretzel nuggets WITHOUT a dough hook? Use the paddle attachment on your mixer to combine the self-rising flour and Greek yogurt. Turn it out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth.
7) What can I use INSTEAD of pretzel salt? You can use another coarse salt like kosher or sea salt.
9) How many Weight Watchers Smart Points are these two ingredient dough pretzel bites (without the butter)? I donâ€™t have a Weight Watchers calculator but from what Iâ€™ve read online if you make 48 pretzel nuggets from the two ingredient dough (like this recipe does) they are 2 smart points for 8 pretzel nuggets.
Love Two Ingredient Dough? Try These Recipes Next
Super easy Garlic Herb Bagels Recipe made with two ingredient dough. No yeast and no waiting for the dough to rise! These chewy bagels are perfect toasted with cream cheese for breakfast or fill them with meat and cheese for a sandwich at lunch.
Two Ingredient Pizza Dough Recipe: This Two Ingredient Pizza Dough Recipe is the easiest way to make homemade pizza dough. Thereâ€™s no yeast and no waiting for the dough to rise! Just mix together these two ingredients and roll out the crust.
Two Ingredient Dough Recipe: This two ingredient dough recipe is super simple to make with no yeast! Just mix it up, knead the dough, and use it as you want. Here are several easy two ingredient dough recipes your family will love from snacks to dinner recipes.