Is is a tradition on your family to start the holidays with a hearty breakfast? It’s such a wonderful way to start the day. My family loves breakfast foods from Pumpkin Caramel Pecan Baked French Toast and Banana Pancakes to Hashbrown Crust Breakfast Pizza to Bacon and Egg Quiche. Growing up, one of our favorite things to have for dinner was breakfast foods. Today I’m sharing a Tater Tot Breakfast Pizza recipe that has a tater tot crust topped with scrambled eggs, cheese, sausage, and bacon. It’s like all of your favorite breakfast foods in one slice!
Line the bottom of a greased cast iron skillet with tater tot crowns (flat, round tater tots sometimes called potato crowns) and then line the sides of the pan. Bake the tater tots for 15 minutes. While this is baking, make the scrambled eggs.
Remove the tater tots from the oven and top with one cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Then, add the scrambled eggs, sausage crumbles and another cup of shredded cheese, making sure the cheese reaches the tater tots on the sides of the pans. This will help hold everything together. Use a spatula to press down on top of the pizza to smash the tater tots a bit. Also, use the spatula to smash the tater tot crowns on the sides of the pan a little. Finally, sprinkle with the crumbled bacon and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
If you allow the breakfast pizza to sit for a couple of minutes before serving, it will hold together better but it is hard to resist! This Tater Tot Breakfast Pizza with crispy potatoes, fluffy scrambled eggs, melted cheese, spicy sausage and crispy bacon is an awesome way to start the day!
- 30 oz bag tater tot crowns
- ½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup cooked, crumbled bacon
- ¾ cup cooked, crumbled sausage
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line the bottom of a greased cast iron skillet with tater tot crowns and then line the sides of the pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While baking, heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Whisk together the eggs and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Cook the eggs until just set (they will cook more in the oven).
- Remove the tater tots from the oven and top with one cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Add the scrambled eggs, sausage crumbles and another cup of shredded cheese, making sure the cheese reaches the tater tots on the sides of the pans.
- Use a spatula to press down on top and sides of the pizza to smash the tater tots a bit.
- Sprinkle with the crumbled bacon and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
More breakfast recipes to inspire you:
Breakfast Recipes From Friends:
Pumpkin Caramel Pull Apart Bread by Will Cook For Smiles
Applesauce Pancakes by Yummy Healthy Easy
Chocolate Cheese Danish by Crazy For Crust
Maple Apple Pie Pull Apart Bread by Beyond Frosting