A Brownie Milkshake is a genius combination of our two favorite desserts: homemade chocolate brownies and thick, creamy milkshakes!
Milkshakes are already pretty awesome, but why not bring them to the next level by incorporating brownies? It’s a drinkable brownie a la mode! I really wish I could give you a taste of this shake, but you’ll just have to make one yourself so you can see what I mean!
In This Post
What You’ll Need To Make It
Keep these ingredients on hand so that you are ready to make milkshakes all summer long! You can store the brownie pieces in the freezer along with your ice cream.
- Milk: Whole milk thins the shake yet keeps it thick and creamy. You can use less for a thicker shake and more for a thinner shake.
- Ice Cream: We’ve made brownie milkshakes with vanilla, chocolate, caramel, and Oreo ice cream. They are fantastic, so go with your favorite.
- Brownies: We used our homemade fudgy, chocolatey brownie recipe because it is our favorite! The extra brownies went into the freezer so that we can whip up a milkshake on short notice. But you can use a boxed version or even store-bought brownies if you are short on time.
- Toppings: Every shake deserves some toppings. We used whipped cream and little brownie bits.
How To Make A Brownie Milkshake
You can make an old-fashioned brownie milkshake at home in minutes! Just the ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
Put the milk in the blender first. Then add the vanilla ice cream and brownie pieces.
Blend until the shake is smooth. Depending on your blender, you may need to stop it, stir the ingredients around, and start blending again.
Pour the brownie shake into two chilled glasses and top them with whipped cream and brownie bits.
Other Ways To Make It
A brookie is a bar that is both a brownie and a cookie. So to make a brookie shake, substitute half of the brownie pieces with chocolate chip cookie pieces.
Salted Caramel Brownie Milkshake
This one is for caramel lovers! Add 1/4 cup of salted caramel to the milkshake and drizzle additional caramel on top of the whipped cream. For even more caramel goodness, drizzle the inside of the glasses with caramel sauce.
Peanut Butter Brownie Milkshake
Substitute half of the brownie pieces with peanut butter cups and add 1/4 cup of creamy peanut butter to the milkshake. Drizzle peanut butter ice cream topping over the whipped cream.
What Others Want To Know
Yes! Put the milkshake into an airtight container and store it in the freezer for 2-4 weeks. Let it soften slightly, and then put it into the blender to get a creamy milkshake texture again.
You blend whole milk, vanilla ice cream, and brownie pieces together.
Start by only adding a little of the whole milk. Start blending the shake and only add more milk as needed.
You can make it with a food processor, stand mixer, immersion blender, or hand mixer.
More Milkshake Recipes
- Banana Milkshake – Cool, creamy, and full of banana goodness.
- Blueberry Milkshake – Made with fresh blueberries for a taste of summer!
- Bubblegum Milkshake – Totally pink and so delicious!
- Mocha Mint Milkshake – For that irresistible chocolate mint combo.
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream slightly softened
- ¾ cup brownie squares
- ½ cup whipped cream
- ¼ cup brownie bits
- Put the whole milk, vanilla ice cream, and brownie squares into the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into two chilled glasses.
- Top with whipped cream and brownie bits.