This Banana Milkshake recipe is cool, creamy, and bursting with banana flavor! Top it with whipped cream and extra banana slices.
A classic, oh-so-delicious banana milkshake with ice cream is a summer favorite! You can keep it simple or add additional flavors and toppings to make endless varieties.
In This Post
What You’ll Need
- Milk: We used whole milk because it is thicker than other options, which helps keep the milkshake creamy.
- Ice Cream: Since there are only a few ingredients in a shake, you want to use high-quality vanilla ice cream for the best flavor.
- Bananas: This recipe uses frozen banana slices because they help keep the shake cold and creamy. So, you need to plan ahead a little to allow time for the banana slices to freeze.
- Banana Syrup: We added a little banana syrup for extra banana flavor, but it is optional, so if you don’t have any, it’s okay! You can also add chocolate sauce or caramel syrup.
- Toppings: Every milkshake needs some whipped cream on top! Go ahead and add extra banana slices or a maraschino cherry as well.
How To Make a Banana Milkshake
Put the ingredients into the blender with the liquids on the bottom and the frozen ingredients on the top.
Blend until smooth. Depending on your blender, you may need to stop it and dislodge the ingredients before continuing to blend them.
Pour into chilled glasses and top with whipped cream and banana slices.
Other Ways To Make It
Chocolate Banana Milkshake Recipe
Chocolate would be an excellent addition to this banana shake recipe! Simply use chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla. Or you could add 1/4 cup of chocolate syrup and use the vanilla ice cream.
Strawberry Banana Milkshake Recipe
For a strawberry banana milkshake, follow the recipe as directed but add 1/2 cup of sliced strawberries to the blender along with the bananas. You can add a little strawberry sauce for extra strawberry flavor.
Banana Milkshake Without Ice Cream
To make it without ice cream, blend 1 cup of whole milk, 1 cup of frozen banana slices, 4 ice cubes, 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use a hand mixer, stand mixer, immersion blender, or food processor.
Add a scoop of protein powder, peanut butter, or almond butter. Mix up a batch of our smoothie booster and add a scoop of it to your shake.
You can adjust the amount of milk you add to make the milkshake thinner or thicker.
More Milkshake Recipes
- Blueberry Milkshake – For a delicious taste of summer!
- Brownie Milkshake – It’s like eating brownies a la mode.
- S’mores Milkshake – Everyone’s favorite campfire treat in liquid form!
- Pie Shake – Blend together a piece of pie and ice cream.
- Put the whole milk, banana syrup (optional), vanilla ice cream, and frozen banana slices into the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into two chilled glasses.
- Top with whipped cream and banana slices.