This easy Lime Milkshake recipe is a delicious taste of the tropics! It’s like eating key lime pie with ice cream on top.
My husband is a huge key lime pie fan, and I don’t think I had ever even tried it until we started dating. Now I love it as much as he does, so this key lime milkshake is a favorite of ours!
What You’ll Find In This Post
Key Lime Milkshake Ingredients
- Milk: Whole milk helps thin the milkshake yet keeps it creamy. You can use heavy cream for a thicker shake or skim milk for a thinner shake.
- Ice Cream: We used vanilla ice cream, but French vanilla or vanilla bean ice cream would also work.
- Lime Juice: You can use lime juice or key lime juice to make this shake.
- Food Coloring: We added a little green food coloring to enhance the green color in the shake, but it is optional.
- Garnish: Top the lime shakes with graham crackers, whipped cream, and lime slices.
How To Make A Lime Milkshake
Put the milk, lime juice, vanilla ice cream, and food coloring into the blender.
Blend until smooth, and then pour the milkshake into two glasses. Top each one with graham crackers crumbs, whipped cream, and key lime slices.
More Ways To Make It
Why stop at just making key lime shakes? Here are some fun ways to add additional flavors:
Key Lime Cheesecake Milkshake
Add the delicious flavor of cheesecake to this milkshake!
- Add two tablespoons of powdered cheesecake-flavored pudding mix to the other ingredients in the blender.
Coconut Key Lime Milkshake
You can add some coconut for an even more tropical taste!
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of coconut extract to the ingredients in the blender.
- Top the shakes with whipped cream, graham cracker crumbs, toasted coconut flakes, and lime slices.
In the mood for lemonade? Make a lemon milkshake!
- Swap out the lime juice with lemon juice and add a little yellow food coloring.
- Top the lemon milkshakes with whipped cream and lemon slices.
What Others Want To Know
It is a cool, creamy treat made with vanilla ice cream and tart lime juice.
You can use either one. Key lime juice is slightly less tart and acidic than regular lime juice, but both will work.
You can top it with whipped cream, graham crackers crumbs, sprinkles, lime zest, and lime slices.
- This Oreo Milkshake is my son’s favorite.
- A classic Vanilla Milkshake always brings a smile!
- This Bubblegum Shake is pretty and pink!
- Make a Strawberry Milkshake with fresh, ripe strawberries.
- A Homemade Chocolate Milkshake is fantastic year-round!
Key Lime Milkshake
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream slightly softened
- 2 tablespoon key lime juice or use lime juice
- 1 graham cracker sheet crumbled
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- 2 lime slices
- green food coloring optional
- Put the whole milk, key lime juice, vanilla ice cream, and green food coloring into the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into two chilled glasses.
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on top of the milkshakes.
- Add whipped cream and put a lime slice on top.