Easy Crepes Recipe for thin, airy crepes! Fill them with your favorite toppings like strawberries, whipped cream, Nutella and peanut butter.
One of the best things about this crepes recipe is that it can be made for breakfast, dinner, and dessert! When served or breakfast crepes are often filled with fruit, for dinner add savory fillings, and for dessert try chocolate or caramel!
How To Make Crepes
This crepes recipe shows step-by-step instructions, photos, and video for how to make crepes. It’s an easy recipe that takes a little practice getting the technique down. The great thing is that even the less than perfect crepes are delicious!
- Mix batter in blender
- Rest batter in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Heat pan over medium heat
- Grease the pan and add batter
- Cook the crepe on both sides
- Slide finished crepes onto a plate
- Add your favorite toppings
Put the flour, egg, half-n-half, club soda, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt in the blender. Blend until smooth.
Place the crepe batter in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Heat a crepe pan or 10-inch skillet with sloped sides over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, lift the pan from the heat and spray it with cooking spray. Then, pour 1/4 cup of the crepe batter into the pan.
Quickly tilt and turn the pan so that the batter spreads evenly over the bottom of the pan.
Return the pan to the heat and cook for 30-60 seconds until the bottom starts to turn golden.
Then, flip the crepe over and cook on the other side until it start to turn golden.
Slide the crepes from the pan onto a plate in a stack or onto individual serving plates.
To fill a crepe place it on a plate and fold it in half. Cover one side with whipped cream and top it with fresh berries. Another option for folding crepes is to place the filling in the center and then fold the two sides up over the filling.
Filling Suggestions For Sweet Crepes Recipe
This crepes recipe is perfect for any sweet fillings. When serving them for breakfast, fresh berries or a fruit sauce are popular choices. And when it comes to dessert, Nutella, chocolate, and caramel are great options.
- Fresh Berries: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries blackberries
- Banana: sliced bananas with chocolate sauce
- Cinnamon and sugar
- Peanut butter and syrup
- Caramel: caramel syrup and whipped cream
- Fruit Sauce: blueberry sauce, raspberry sauce, strawberry sauce
- Cherry: cherry pie filling and whipped cream
- Lemon: lemon curd and whipped cream
- Hazelnut: nutella and whipped cream
Savory Crepes Recipes
When make savory crepes, you can follow this same crepes recipe but omit the sugar, if desired. Here are some of our favorite fillings for savory crepes.
- Turkey: diced turkey, bacon bits, cheddar cheese
- Ham: diced ham, swiss cheese
- Chicken: shredded cheese, pepper jack cheese, black beans, salsa
- Veggie: oven roasted vegetables, cheddar cheese
Then fold the crepe in half again covering the filling. Sprinkle the crepes with powdered sugar before serving.
Crepes Recipe Frequently Asked Questions
A crepe is a very thin pancake. It can be filled with sweet or savory toppings.
Yes, this crepes recipe can be made ahead of time. Allow the cooked crepes to come to room temperature. Then, wrap the stack in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Crepes can be reheated in the oven (350˚F for 7-12 minutes) or the microwave (50% power for 30-45 seconds). They can also be warmed individually in a skillet over low heat.
Want more breakfast recipes? Try making these next:
- This French Toast recipe makes a stack of golden brown French toast with a hint of cinnamon topped with maple syrup and powdered sugar.
- Make this Egg Bake recipe for overnight guests or for your family! This breakfast casserole has bacon, eggs, and cheese all in one dish
- Wondering how to make an omelet? Here’s our easy method with step-by-step instructions for a quick breakfast any day of the week!
- Homemade waffles with bisquick are a great way to start the day. Top them with butter and syrup or fresh fruit and whipped cream.