Two Ingredient Dough Garlic Cheddar Rolls are cheesy inside with garlic butter on top. They’re EASY to make with no yeast and no waiting for dough to rise!
Sometimes it’s the side dishes that really make the meal and when the side dish is cheesy, garlicky, buttery rolls they can become the star!
These Two Ingredient Dough Garlic Cheddar Rolls are perfect for when you want to whip up some warm dinner rolls but don’t have a lot of time. They are done in about 20 minutes!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
Where is the Two Ingredient Dough Garlic Cheddar Rolls recipe? In this post, I will share step-by-step instructions with photos for how to make the garlic cheddar rolls, as well as answering FAQs about the recipe and sharing a video showing the recipe in motion. But you can go directly to the recipe by scrolling down to the bottom of the post.
How To Make Two Ingredient Dough Garlic Cheddar Rolls
Put self-rising flour and plain, fat-free Greek yogurt in the bowl of a stand mixer with the dough hook attachment.
Mix at a low speed until combined.
Then, knead at a medium speed for about 3 minutes until a ball forms.
Flatten the dough ball slightly and pour the shredded cheese into the center.
Fold up the dough around the shredded cheese and knead to incorporate the cheese.
Form into a ball and then cut the ball into eight pieces.
Roll each piece of dough into a ball.
Place the cheddar rolls on a parchment covered baking sheet.
Bake at 475° for 10-14 minutes, until golden brown.
Mix together melted butter, garlic powder, and parsley.
Brush over the garlic cheddar rolls.
Two Ingredient Dough Garlic Cheddar Rolls FAQs
1) Do you have a recipe for self-rising flour?
For one cup of self-rising flour, whisk together one cup of all-purpose flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
2) What brand of plain Greek yogurt should I use? Use whatever kind is available at your local grocery store. I’ve made two ingredient dough with Fage, Oikos, and the store brand and haven’t noticed a difference.
3) Do I have to use plain, fat-free, Greek yogurt for this recipe? No, you can use fat-free, full fat, 2% or 5%.
4) What should I do if the dough is sticky and won’t form a ball? Knead in a little more flour at a time until it is workable.
5) Can I make these garlic cheddar rolls WITHOUT a stand mixer?
Yes! Stir the self-rising flour and Greek yogurt together until combined. Turn it out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth.
6) How can I make these two ingredient dough garlic cheddar rolls WITHOUT a dough hook? Use the paddle attachment on your mixer to combine the self-rising flour and Greek yogurt. Turn it out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth.
7) What other seasonings/toppings would you suggest? Try everything seasoning, parmesan, parsley, dill, rosemary, basil, or chives.
8) Any suggestions for how to make these lower in calories and fat? Use reduced-fat cheddar cheese and use less of it. For the butter, try a light butter alternative or butter spray and then sprinkle on the garlic powder and parsley.
Love Two Ingredient Dough? Try These Recipes Next
Garlic Herb Bagels Two Ingredient Dough:
Super easy Garlic Herb Bagels Recipe made with two ingredient dough. No yeast and no waiting for the dough to rise! These chewy bagels are perfect toasted with cream cheese for breakfast or fill them with meat and cheese for a sandwich at lunch.
Two Ingredient Pizza Dough Recipe: This Two Ingredient Pizza Dough Recipe is the easiest way to make homemade pizza dough. There’s no yeast and no waiting for the dough to rise! Just mix together these two ingredients and roll out the crust.
Two Ingredient Dough Pretzel Bites: Two Ingredient Dough Pretzel Bites are SUPER EASY to make with no yeast and no waiting for the dough to rise. Just mix the dough, cut nuggets, dip in baking soda water and bake!
Two Ingredient Dough Garlic Cheddar Rolls
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoon self-rising flour
- 1 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley
- Put the self-rising flour (1 cup plus 2 tablespoons) and plain, fat-free, Greek yogurt in a stand mixer bowl with the dough hook attachment.
- Mix on low speed until combined. Knead on medium speed for about 3 minutes until ball forms.
- Turn out onto a floured surface. Sprinkle with flour, knead a couple of times and form into a ball.
- Flatten the dough ball slightly and pour the shredded cheese into the center. Fold up the dough around the shredded cheese and knead to incorporate the cheese.
- Form a ball and cut it into eight pieces. Roll each piece of dough into a ball and place on a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Bake at 475˚F for 10-14 minutes, until golden brown.
- Mix together melted butter, garlic powder, and parsley. Brush over the garlic cheddar rolls.
Wendy Forster says
TWO INGREDIENT DOUGH. This is an amazing way to easily make dough for many recipes. I have used it for pizza dough,bagels and buns but haven’t done the garlic cheddar rolls yet. Thank you for the idea, I will be making these for Thanksgiving! For someone who doesn’t “bake” it doesn’t get any better and easier than this!
what a beautiful recipe! Can these me made in bulk and deep freezed?
I’ve never tried freezing them so I’m not sure. If you do give a try, stop back to let us know how they turned out!
Best, quickest bread ever!
Have you ever doubled the recipe?
How many points are these?
Joni R says
I calculate 4 points on 💙
Joy King says
These are delicious!
Joy King says
These are delicious!
Difficult to understand your claim of 2 ingredients. Flour, yogurt, cheese, makes 3. Then butter garlic and parsley also make 3. 3+3=6. Hmmm. I am sure they are great but the title is very misleading. If not just a complete fantasy.
I hope you are having a wonderful holiday season! Thank you for taking the time to stop by. You are totally right, there are many ingredients in the recipe. Even the title lists more than two. But if you would re-read the title, you will notice that it says TWO INGREDIENT DOUGH. This recipe uses two ingredient dough to make garlic cheddar rolls. It does NOT say that this is a “two ingredient recipe”. As you mentioned, that would be impossible unless you purchased cheddar rolls and premixed garlic butter to brush on them.
Joni R says
The basic dough is two ingredients (flour and yogurt). There are several uses for this basic recipe (bagels, pretzel bites, bread and bread sticks, etc). Each recipe adds different ingredients.
You are grouchy, if you have nothing nice to say, than move on.
The dough is 2 ingredient. The cheese, butter, and garlic are simply add ons. The title isn’t misleading to most. I made a batch of mine without cheese because it’s simply optional.
Can I make these without yogurt?
One of my readers told me that they used buttermilk instead of yogurt and added more self-rising flour as needed. But I haven’t tried it yet. Best of luck! ~Tonia
Looks amazing ca t wait to try