Crispy Two Ingredient Dough Crackers with rosemary and sea salt are so easy to make! Switch up the spices to make endless varieties.
It’s been a couple of years since I started using two ingredient dough and we still love it. There is no waiting for yeast to rise, no pulling out half of the ingredients in the pantry, and no kneading for 20 minutes.
The only decision to make is what to make with the dough. The latest thing we’ve been snacking on is two ingredient dough crackers so I’m sharing the recipe so you can make them as well.
What is two ingredient dough?
Two ingredient dough is made with self-rising flour and Greek yogurt. This basic dough can be used to make so many things from pretzel bites to pizza crust! In this two ingredient dough crackers recipe spices are added to the basic dough to make crackers.
Start by mixing together the self-rising flour, dried rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper so that the spices are dispersed throughout the flour.
What other varieties of two ingredient dough crackers could I make?
Making other varieties is one of the things that is so great about this recipe! As long as you have the basic dough (self-rising flour and Greek yogurt) you can add whatever seasonings or ingredients you want. Here are a few ideas:
- everything bagel seasoning
- Italian seasoning
- dill and sea salt
- red pepper flakes
- shredded parmesan
- chopped bacon
Then, add the plain, fat-free Greek yogurt and mix until the dough sticks together.
Turn the dough out onto a well-floured silicone mat. Sprinkle the dough with flour and knead two or three times before forming a ball. Cut the ball of dough into fourths and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
Take one piece of the dough and roll it out on a well-floured silicone mat as thin as you can sprinkling it with more flour if it starts to stick. Transfer the flattened dough to parchment covered baking sheet.
What should I do if my dough is sticky?
If the dough is too sticky or wet to roll out, sprinkle on a little more flour to both sides of the dough by flipping it over. And keep in mind that this dough tends to be a stickier dough and does not act like a yeast dough would.
Prick the dough with a fork (aka dock the dough). Then use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to cut it into squares or rectangles. Spray lightly with cooking spray and then sprinkle with sea salt.
Bake the two ingredient dough crackers at 400˚F for about 10 minutes. Allow the crackers to cool slightly before breaking the crackers apart while removing and browned ones.
Return the crackers to the oven and continue baking for another 3 minutes before removing the browned crackers. Continue baking the crackers, removing crackers after every minute. The photo above shows how few crackers were left on the pan in the end.
While the first pan is baking, prepare the second pan of crackers and then bake them one the first pan comes out of the oven.
Love two ingredient dough recipes? Try these next:
Two Ingredient Dough Pretzel Bites are SUPER EASY to make with no yeast and no waiting for the dough to rise. Just mix the dough, cut nuggets, dip in baking soda water and bake!
This Two Ingredient Dough Focaccia Bread recipe is a NO YEAST bread that is super easy to make! It can be served as a side, an appetizer, or used for sandwiches.
Serve Two Ingredient Dough Naan Flatbread as a side or turn it into mini pizzas or sandwich wraps! It’s EASY to make with no yeast and no waiting for dough to rise!
Two Ingredient Dough Breadsticks are the perfect side dish for pasta night! They’re EASY to make with no yeast and no waiting for dough to rise!
But WAIT…I count MORE than two ingredients
Yes, this crackers recipe has several ingredients. The BASIC DOUGH itself is made with only two ingredients: self-rising flour and Greek yogurt. Then, seasonings are added to make them have some flavor. To simplify the title of the recipe it is called: TWO INGREDIENT DOUGH Crackers. Meaning crackers are made with two ingredient dough. That being said, you can skip the seasoning and make plain crackers using the dough, if your prefer!
Two Ingredient Dough Crackers
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix together the self-rising flour, dried rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.
- Add the plain, fat free Greek yogurt and stir until combined.
- Turn out onto a floured surface. Sprinkle well with flour and knead several times before forming a ball. Cut the ball of dough in fourths and then let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll one piece of the dough out on a well-floured silicone mat, as thin as you can get it. Transfer to a parchment covered baking sheet. Repeat with a second piece of dough.
- Prick the dough with a fork and then cut it into squares or rectangles with a pizza cutter or knife. Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow the crackers to cool slightly. Separate the crackers and remove any that are brown. Continue baking the crackers for an additional 4-6 minutes, checking after each minute to remove any browned ones until they are all crispy.
- While the first pan of crackers are baking, prepare the second pan in the same manner and bake them once the first pan is done.